Sunday, January 25, 2009

Belize City



When we arrived in Belize City. The other's went off on a tour and Sierra, Tanisha and I went into the city to see what it's like. We took a tour on a dilapidated horse drawn carriage and was accosted by every desperate Belizian we came across. It was a very uncomfortable place to visit. I am not a diva who isn't accustomed to 3rd world conditions. But I will never have the desire to return to Belize city again. It is a very dirty, desperate place. It feels dangerous and reminds me a lot of Jamaica. The people that I ran into hadn't perfected their stories to tell the tourists and they changed rapidly as I questioned further. I dislike being lied to so it made the experience harder for me to stomach. We negotiated a hair braiding and bought a few trinkets to try and help the people out. But their prices where ridiculously over inflated and all Mexican made. Can you tell Belize City wasn't a favored destination.. Not a recommendation. On the other hand, Malia, Chey and John had a wonderful visit to the ruins and an even more memorable dinner. So I am glad they took that adventure. I will do the same if I ever find myself in that situation again. Its always fun though to be with my little girls. We had fun together, just because we were together.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment